Union Minister Kiren Rijiju said that the official procedure to hand over the five youths to India is being worked out. Earlier in the day, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju tweeted, “China’s PLA has responded to the hotline message sent by Indian Army. They have confirmed that the missing youths from Arunachal Pradesh have been found by their side. Further modalities to handover the persons to our authority is being worked out.”
On Tuesday, the Indian Army received a message from China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) concerning the whereabouts of the five youths from Arunachal Pradesh who went missing last week. “As a result of persistent efforts of Indian Army five missing hunters from Indian side of LAC in Upper Subansiri, who had inadvertently crossed over to other side on 02 Sept 2020, were traced,” stated Lt. Col. Harsh Wardhan Pande, a Tezpur-based spokesperson.
“Chinese Army on 08 Sept responded on Hotline and confirmed that the missing Indians have been found on their side. Formalities for their early transfer is being coordinated with the Chinese Army,” he added.
Government officials and local residents informed the authorities that it is common for people to visit interior parts of forests along the border to gather food, water, etc. Since the Line of Actual Control is not demarcated clearly in many places, several Indian men are caught & held captive by the Chinese PLA soldiers, the local residents said.