Everyone wants to get a VIP mobile number because it is unique and easy to remember like 9111111111. However getting number in the open market is very difficult and chaotic.
These VIP numbers are made available inside a sequence which is released in the market in a batch. Let’s take an example that if a telecom service provider is to take out a batch of new numbers from 9100000000 to 9200000000 then it will only have to select number of VIP numbers like 9111111111.
Most such VIP numbers get picked up faster as soon as they get launched in the market by sellers. Those who sell them at a higher price taking the advantage of the adjective used as prefix to the number that is VIP . A lot of these resellers have now started selling such numbers online due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are some steps regarding getting VIP numbers :
- Go through the list and choose a number of your liking.
- After this, you will have to pay the specific amount asked for by the dealer.
- Dealers usually ask for Rs 1,000 to Rs 1,500 for basic VIP numbers.
- But the amount can even go into lakhs for premium VIP numbers.
- After the payment is made, the dealer will send you a Unique Porting Code (UPC) for the number along with an invoice for the same.
- After getting the UPC, you can head over to any telecom service provider‘s service centre and provide them with the UPC and your documents.
- They will then provide you with a SIM for the number that will get activated within three days.
- Take note, there are a lot of scammers posing as genuine sellers online.
- So before you purchase the number perform all necessary checks, including one where the person calls you from the VIP number.