Yesterday General M M Naravane visited Ladakh and Indian Army announced it today that it had taken
Measures to strengthen our positions and thwart Chinese intentions to change the status quo on the south bank of Pangong Tso.
Army Chief accepted the fact that the border areas were “slightly tensed” but as of now precautionary deployments had been taken into consideration to resist further disputes and to ensure India’s integrity and security remain safeguarded.
General M M Naravane was speaking to News Agency ANI on this issue just after he inspected the military preparedness and forward areas of Eastern ladakh for operational review.
General Naravane told ANI, “The situation along the LAC is slightly tense. In view of this, we have taken precautionary deployments for our own safety and security, so that our integrity remains safeguarded.”
#WATCH: Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane says to ANI, "The situation along LAC is slightly tensed. Keeping in view of the situation, we have taken precautionary deployment for our own safety & security, so that our security & integrity remain safeguarded." pic.twitter.com/NvONwyJvbM
— ANI (@ANI) September 4, 2020
Army Chief visited forward area in the Chushul sector on Thursday. India occupied two major strategic heights such as this area on the South bank of Pangong Tso and at Rechin La near Rezang La last week. Now India is able to keep track record of China’s movement at Moldo garrison.
General Naravane also visited the headquarters of XIV Corps in Leh where Senior Commanders briefed him about the situation and actual preparedness on the ground level.
“I visited different places after reaching Leh. I talked to officers, JCOs and took stock of preparedness. The morale of jawans is high and they are fully prepared to deal with any challenge that may arise… I would like to reiterate that our officers are the finest in the world and will not only make the Army, proud, but also the nation,” he added.